Flowserve Corporation Cost Accountant in Coslada, Spain
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position will primarily be responsible for determining costs within the revenue recognition stream in the 5 Step Process of the new Revenue Recognition standards. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for accumulating costs, support Project Reviews and support POC meetings. The 5 Step Process is as follows:
1- Identify the contract with the customer
2- Identify the separate performance obligations in the contract
3- Determine the transaction price
4- Allocate the transaction price to the separate performance obligations
5- Recognize revenue when (or as) each performance obligation is satisfied
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required . Advanced degree (MBA) or certification (CPA) preferred.
• Minimum of 5-6 yeas of experience with Cost Accounting with preference given to experience in a manufacturing environment. Special consideration given to individuals with prior experience using Percentage of Completion (PoC) Accounting.
• Experience with a large ERP system (Oracle/SAP) GL preferred. Intermediate to advanced excel spreadsheet skills required. Familiarity with BPC Reporting is a plus.
• Experience with CIP (Continuous Improvement Process). Able to work on cross-functional teams with minimal supervision.
• Fluency in English: both written and spoken.
The primary function of the Cost Accountant is to provide financial support and assistance for Flowserve’s adaption to the new revenue recognition standards set forth under ASC 606.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID: