Flowserve Corporation Business Analyst in Irving, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
1 to 3 years of work or academic experience developing web-based applications using Java or other technologies
Experience with SQL and supporting SQL Server/ Oracle database systems
Experience working in or supporting multiple applications simultaneously
Experience working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment
Nice to have skills
Familiarity with SharePoint, Appian,Pega, Cordys or other BPM systems
Experience and knowledge with Agile /SCRUM methodologies
Experience with Oracle and SAP ERPs
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with
an Information Technology focus
Academic knowledge or 1+ years of proven Systems Analysis, QA, and Development experience in Java or
C#. SQL or Oracle Database background is also a strong plus
Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills Excellent problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate with business and IT stakeholders Thorough understanding of software development
Flowserve is seeking the best and the brightest to join its team of IT Business Systems Analysts.
Business System Analyst will be responsible for addressing technical and functional questions, resolve defects,
provide end-user support for Aftermarket Services and Solutions (AMSS) systems.
The analyst will be responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, solution design, development and testing.
The analyst will also work with other flowserve team members to coordinate projects and enhancements, to test software, and to troubleshoot software issues.
The analyst will also work with technical teams to test system integrations, system updates/patches, upgrades and
Overview of responsibilities:
· Document functional specifications, system design, test plans, test cases, scripts, and results.
· Write software in Appian BPM technology
· Trouble shoot issues in software applications and make enhancements to the system.
· Create or modify reports based on business needs using various reporting tools.
· Conduct the necessary testing and obtain IT management and business user approvals.
· Adhere to the requirements, maintenance, and QA standards of the development team and contribute to establishing new standards and improving existing ones.
· Develop, improve, and deploy IT processes and procedures, e.g. change management, problem management.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Primary Posting Location:
Irving, Texas US
United States of America
Auto req ID: