Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As a member of a Flowserve Quick Repair Center in Pasadena, TX, you will machine metal parts and components to repair mechanical seals used in industrial settings, such as refineries and factories. Collaborate with engineers and machinists to evaluate needs, troubleshoot problems, and recommend solutions. This is a weekend shift ; Monday, Saturday, and Sunday 6am-6:30pm.
The Machinist duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Solid understanding of equipment applications and servicing in manufacturing process.
· Able to implement preventive maintenance schedule and report equipment issues to management.
· Provide technical assistance for common equipment issues.
· Capable of training other machinists and correcting data entry errors.
· CNC - Solid understanding of multiple machine control interfaces within the local plant environment.
· Familiar with programming, editing and offset.
· Supports the QRC’s efforts at maintaining performance standards in the areas of safety, cost of scrap/rework and on time performance.
· Ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of machine tooling applications and servicing.
· Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of processes necessary to complete all assigned task within the production schedule.
· Ability to communicate all manufacturing processes to peers and supervisors.
· Capable of communicating suspected equipment or tool failure in a timely manner.
· Familiar with inspection equipment, their functions and uses in order to ensure that all manufactured parts are machined within tolerance limitations.
· Maintains minimal scrap and rework on all manufactured parts. Recognizes the common causes of scrap and shares that knowledge with other Machinists.
· Performs other duties as required.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 5+ years machining experience in a manufacturing or repair environment operating Manual Machines
• Previous experience in gauge training and geometric tolerancing
• Must be able to hold a tolerance to .0004
• Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings
• Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 30 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and participate in on-call program as required on short notice
- Experience as a Machinist working within a repair or service center with Seals, Pumps, and/or Valves.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Pasadena, Texas US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: