Flowserve Corporation Mechanical Engineer Intern in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree in-progress required, preferably completed through junior year. No recent graduates or masters students. Mechanical Engineering only.
· Local universities only. We are seeking candidates who currently live and attend school in commuting distance to Rancho Dominguez, California.
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Must be able to work over 12 hours per week.
· Strong mechanical interest and aptitude
· Self-directed and organized with a strong work ethic
· Sound written and verbal communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills to resolve problems and to develop customer relationships
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Microsoft Office proficiency required
· Local travel will be required occasionally to visit customer sites, requiring walking and climbing stairs and ladders
We’re looking for a geographically local mechanical engineering student to intern as an Application Engineer at our Rancho Dominguez, CA facility. At this Quick Response Service Center, Flowserve engineers and machinists troubleshoot and repair mechanical seals for our customers in the oil, gas, and chemical industries. The Intern will receive practical hands-on experience working side-by side with Flowserve engineers and learning about the industrial applications of mechanical seals and pumps. This is a part-time paid position with a flexible schedule during weekday business hours.
· Work on specific assigned projects, which focus on rotating equipment operations, and reliability improvement programs
· Provide both in-house and on-site customer service by examining failed products, providing written and oral explanations to customers, and assisting with on-site start-up and troubleshooting
· Support to our engineering sales force to insure proper seal and sealing system selection, and the successful operation of our products
· Resolve non-conformance issues with respect to engineering and manufacturing standards
· Provide equipment survey and update equipment database
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Mechanical Engineer Intern
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: