Flowserve Corporation Indirect Category Specialist - China in 900002, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Lead efforts to drive down costs by leveraging indirect spend across multiple sites.
· Coordinate implementation of Procurement Cards across all business units. Manage and grow usage of regional travel and payment-card programs and compliance/cost reductions opportunities.
· Work closely with Regional Supply Chain teams and Corporate Supply Chain Director to uncover and drive new initiatives within the indirect spend scope, in support of the business units.
· Develop, implement and manage preferred supplier indirect commodity agreements and programs. Implement processes to measure and improve supplier performance and manage internal spend compliance. Act as liaison between the suppliers and the sites regarding key issues.
· Develop, implement and manage regional strategies to address indirect spend opportunities and leverage spend where possible.
· Develop and implement processes/procedures needed to more effectively manage spend for commodities and services referenced above.
· Track and report cost savings and other KPI’s associated with indirect spend responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree with minimum 7 years related Procurement work experience. MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain advantageous.
· Broad procurement experience in managing a wide breadth of indirect materials and services.
· Proven track record of successfully leading cross- functional teams across multiple operations in developing and implementing cost reduction strategies and process improvement programs.
· Proven ability to work in multicultural organizations at global or regional level
· Proven ability to work across different lines of business, matrix organizations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese a must
· Strong team building, leadership skills and analytical skills
· Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills
· Excellent overall knowledge of procurement processes and best practices
· Strong overall business acumen and Microsoft office skills
The position is responsible for identifying and implementing procurement strategies to reduce the overall cost of ownership and improve supply chain processes across a wide range of China site indirect services and commodities including, IT, Professional Services, Facility Services, Materials Handling, Consumables, Transportation, Capital, Travel, Procurement Cards and various other indirect spend categories.
Dimensions: China sites and office locations’ indirect spend, approx. $10M/yr.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Indirect Category Specialist - China
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: