Flowserve Corporation QRC Engineer in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Reviews complete technical documentation package to validate product performance against customer requirements and suggests modifications where required.
· Develops completed bill of materials, general arrangement drawings, and other technical documentation for all “build-to-order” and “configure-to-order” products as required to release order to production.
· Selects components and assemblies to ensure compliance with project specifications, including mechanical seals, seal auxiliary systems, drivers and other specified components.
· Prepares project plans in accordance with customer/contract requirements.
· Trains Associate Engineers.
- Prepares and releases technical job documentation.
· Supports the QRC concerning all engineering issues
· Review and/or develops scope of work for QRC jobs, when required.
· Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards for required functions. (i.e., weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, etc.)
· Identifying upgrades opportunities and supporting the generation of upgrade quotes, or initiates Life Cycle Cost analysis for elevation, when feasible.
· Acts as engineering liaison when hydraulic, vibration, rotor-dynamic, metallurgical or finite element analysis is performed.
· Responsible for implementing equipment design changes. Documents these changes through Aftermarket Change Notice (ACN) process. Maintains repair history listing as per client Tab number versus Flowserve serial number and ACN log, when required.
· First contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit.
· Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
Follows S&S CSOA processes and policies, as required.
Engineering degree or equivalent and/or 2-5 years related experience
· Computer-Assisted Design/3-Dimensional design
· Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
· Effective oral and written communications
· Collaborative interpersonal skills
· Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
· Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications
· Machine Design Fundamentals
· Fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems
· General knowledge of metallurgical requirements & applications
· Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings and manufacturing procedures
· Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding
· Able to work closely with customers (face to face or by telephone); a good verbal and written communicator with a confident and positive manner
The Quick Response Center (QRC) Engineer provides engineering and technical assistance to QRC personnel, Sale Engineers and customers to develop the best possible repair and upgrade solutions to aftermarket jobs. Responsible for technical interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability to concerned parties.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: