Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer in Benicia, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical degree, required
· Knowledge of the design and operational requirements of mechanical seals, and rotating equipment, specifically pumps, required
· Over 3 years of relevant experience required, with experience in the oil, power, and/or chemical industries strongly desired.
· Demonstrated successful track record of self-initiated, sustained sales skills highly preferred
· Must project a strong customer focus and professional presentation
· Strong prioritization skills with consistent follow-through and the ability to meet urgent deadlines
· Must communicate with positive impact. Skilled at group presentations. Effective oral and writing skills
· Experienced solving problems in a group setting, able to lead a root cause failure analysis and communicate the results
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Must be able to travel to locations requiring overnight stays as required
· Active driver’s license with good driving record required. Must be able to pass TWIC screening and background check.
· Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer sites, lifting at least 25 lbs, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities)
The Sales Engineer will sell Flowserve mechanical seals and pumps to existing and new customers who are primarily located in the oil and chemical industries in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Sales Engineer will promote Flowserve’s products and demonstrate a value proposition to our customers by establishing long-term business relationships. The Sales Engineer will create a lasting competitive advantage for Flowserve by understanding our products and their ability to impact our customers’ business success and operating performance. The Sales Engineer will look to the future by identifying opportunities, developing account plans, and achieving increased sales over time. The position is based in Benicia, CA and provides a competitive salary base with commissions. A company car is included in a comprehensive benefits package.
· Maintain regular, planned communication with key customers in the territory. Make direct, in-person sales calls. Respond quickly and thoroughly to customers’ inquiries.
· Stay engaged and informed about customers’ key projects. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and wants of the customer and Flowserve so as to establish win-win relationships that support negotiations.
· Provide additional value to customers through up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge and expertise of mechanical seals and pumps design, parts, manufacturing, and applications. Proactively engage with customers in discussions to resolve their technical challenges.
· Inform customers about the quality and features of our products through the full use of the company’s marketing materials. Train customers in the features and uses of our products through formal and informal training.
· Achieve sales objectives, including bookings and growth.
· Maintain organized records. Utilize CRM and other electronic tools for managing customer contacts, quotes, status, forecasts, etc.
· Develop and implement marketing plans aligned with regional sales objectives that support larger organizational goals. Prepare quarterly updates on progress to yearly objectives.
· Collaborate effectively with the supporting departments within Flowserve, including the customer service, engineering, and operations departments to insure quality, on-time delivery to our customers.
· Salesforce or other CRM experience
· Knowledge of API 682/610 design and application requirements
Primary Posting Location:
Benicia, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: