Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Commercial Operations Application Engineer – AMSS
As a Commercial Operations Application Engineer in the Aftermarket Services & Solutions (AMSS) organization, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the support of our end-user sales team and their customers. The customers are domestic and/or multi-national corporations that purchase parts, repairs, upgrades and engineering services for their existing pumping equipment. The customers include but are not limited to Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Water Resources companies - both private and government owned. This role involves all customer facing activities related to the order acquisition process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders. Some overnight and international travel may be required. This position reports to the Commercial Operations Manager for the Northeast North America Sub-Region.
· Establish and maintain close working relationships with Sales, Operations, and other functional stakeholders to promote the best interests of the company
· Prepare on-time, high quality proposals based on specifications, market level pricing, factory costs, and sales strategy
· Review all customer inquiry related documents while addressing all relevant technical and commercial requirements.
· Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of pump affinity laws and how these relate to pumps and systems
· Develop a clear understanding of life cycle cost principles and the ability to create value added proposals that differentiate Flowserve product offerings against traditional first cost approach.
· Lead all coordination efforts on applicable aftermarket proposals while ensuring close collaboration and communication with all applicable stakeholders
· Manage and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining designated workload management tool, while ensuring proposal hit-rate is optimized.
· Coordinate and manage sub-supplier requests, replacement parts and components, labor estimates and quotations related to aftermarket requests.
· Send a complete, clean Order Transfer File to the appropriate Flowserve business unit when a purchase order is awarded to the company
Engineering degree (BSME preferred) or equivalent, relevant industry experience.Problem solving mindset with mechanical aptitude required.
Excellent customer service skills.Experience working in a Sales or similar customer-interfacing role is preferred.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Strong leadership and organizational skills.Prior experience working in a team setting that values communication, participation and involvement of others is preferred.
Strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools.
Previous experience with rotating equipment is a plus.
Some travel may be required.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: