Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer M/F in Cairo, Egypt
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position provides technical support to the sales force and to our customers to ensure proper pump, seal and sealing system selection and successful operation of our products.
The Application Engineer also makes sure that quotations are issued within the required due date.
· Interact with customers, salesengineers, manufacturing, and other engineering sites as required to completedesign work, selection and quotation accurately and on time.
· Select pumps and mechanicalseals and if required perform design calculations necessary for the design andselection process.
· Prepare technical and commercialoffers for customers within the required deadline.
· Perform customer site surveys and collect necessary data.
· Responsible for the close tolerancemeasurement of rotating equipment for pump and seal upgrades andretrofits.
· Examine failed pumps and seals,provide written and oral explanations to customer and assist with installation,start-up and troubleshooting.
· Interact with Flowserve departments asneeded to support the order processing and assure on-time delivery of seal andpump orders.
· Resolve non-conformance issues with respect to engineering andmanufacturing standards and participate in Continuous Improvement Projects(CIP).
· Work on specific assigned projects,which focus on rotating equipment management and reliability improvementprograms and concepts.
· Assist in training customers asneeded.
· Keep record of offers & orders byproduct, country and end-user and provide reports and market analysis whenrequired.
· Anyother duties as assigned.
B.S. Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
Experience: Experience with centrifugal pumps, mechanical seals, compressor seals, and a working knowledge of the Flow Solutions Group product line would be preferable.
Language: English, Arabic
Must be computer literate.
Proficiency in AutoCAD design.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and have ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
Must have good commercial skills to support sales when interacting with the customer.
Fundamental understanding of pump construction and hydraulics.
Able to evaluate failures, good troubleshooting skills.
Comfortable with the application and use of measuring equipment.
Comfortable with pump and seal installation.
Ability to comprehend the interdependencies of various process units.
Comfortable presenting information to training groups of various sizes.
Must be willing to spend up to 50% of the working time visiting customers.
Must be willing to travel in all countries of the assigned territories.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Applications Engineer M/F
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: