Flowserve Corporation Machinist, Pump Repair Mechanic in Charlotte, North Carolina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve supports repairs of Nuclear Pump Equipment at our Quick Response Center. The opportunity is based out of Charlotte, NC with up to a 25% amount of travel required to support contaminated pump and seal repairs at other locations.
This position provides hands-on support for repairs, refurbishment, and assembly of pump product for customers in the nuclear utility market.
• Conduct disassembly, inspection, and repair of pumps and pump product in a clean or radiologically contaminated work shop.
• Work in a high-stakes environment, with an eye towards minimizing Human Error via:
o Procedural Use and Adherence
o Questioning Attitude
o Robust Peer and Self Checks
• Fill out job and test specification sheets accurately and timely.
• Report all departures from specification per Non-Conformance Report and assist in disposition.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of routing/work instructions and supporting documentation prior to sending for closeout.
• Maintain calibration of instrumentation of tooling
• QC (inspection) Technical support
• Verify QA hold points are not bypassed and coordinate with customer to witness hold points.
• Maintain standards and procedural compliance
• Advise supervisor of issues that affect project schedules
• Proactively communicate project issues to management.
• Provide feedback on project schedule, problems and tasks.
• Identify and support Continuous Improvement opportunities
• Develop/Diversify skill sets.
• Accurately and timely document all information required to provide objective quality evidence.
• Verify calibration of instrumentation prior to use and if accuracy is in question.
• Identify Safety concerns and follow safety requirements
• Clear communication of safety, expectations, procedural compliance and technical issues,
• Maintain shop housekeeping.
• Ensure all Foreign Material Exclusion / Cleanliness concerns are addressed.
High School Diploma.
Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
Ability to work in radiologically contaminated areas.
Experience with mechanical pumps.
Experience with machine tools.
Experience machining on manual machines such as lathes, mills, ID and OD grinders.
Experience with dimensional and visual inspection.
Experience with non-destructive examination.
Computer literacy with standard Windows programs.
Strong technical experience & customer-focus.
Excellent oral & written communication skills.
Ability to organize & prioritize responsibilities.
Strong aptitude for Flowserve’s 6 C’s: Commitment, Collaboration, Creativity, Competence, Confidence, & Character.
- Working knowledge of the Flowserve Corporation product line is a plus.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Machinist, Pump Repair Mechanic
Primary Posting Location:
Charlotte, North Carolina US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: