Flowserve Corporation Electronic Precision Assembler in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Technician will assemble boards, cables & enclosures, as well as repairs, troubleshoots and evaluates multiple units. The Technician also analyzes data (history and observations) to troubleshoot processes and facilitate corrective action. This is more commonly referred to as a bench tech and works on the production floor.
• Diagnose problems and provide troubleshooting solutions
• Create diagrams and drawings for various electronic components and devices.
• Create visual guidelines for manufacturing purposes
• Create the Bill of Material for manufacturing purposes
Assembling, repairing, formatting and refurbishing all malfunctions in the equipment and replacing necessary parts.
• Keeping a logbook record of all electronic repair and maintenance work that have been done.
• Assisting the engineering staff in designing, developing and manufacturing electrical goods and equipment.
• Diagnosis of electrical problems and repairing them under supervision.
• Testing electrical circuits and ensuring their effective operation & safety.
• Recording any kind of electrical problems and reporting them.
• Melts and applies solder along adjoining edges of work pieces to solder joints, using soldering iron.
• Replaces defective components and wiring.
• Tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects, using signal generators, amp meters, and voltmeters and other measurement equipment as required.
• Calibrate & Program precision electronic components.
• Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests and documents related processes.
• Enters information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another, or to draw, modify, or store schematics.
• Evaluating the company’s product specifications and examining them with customer requirements.
• Ensuring product compliance with international and national legislation and standards.
• Understanding, evaluating, and executing the tests and procedures properly and investigating the Maintaining and setting up documentation and control procedures.
• Collating and analyzing performance charts and data against defined parameters
• Perform other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• 3-5 years related experience (electronic technician)
• Knowledge about safety precautions involved while working high powerful electrical equipment
• Knowledge about the codes, rules, regulations and standards of electrical equipment
• Knowledge about practical application of electrical engineering concepts
• Knowledge about the usage of tools used in the development and repair of electrical equipment
• Ability to detect electronic malfunctions and repair immediately.
• Ability to effectively use electronic repair tools and testers.
• Must be willing to work overtime hours, especially during plant outages and scheduled turnarounds on weekends & holidays as required.
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible. Adjust rapidly to unexpected or changing conditions.
• Extensive knowledge of computer programs to include MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Basic math skills which include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form; and collaborate effectively with others on he team.
• Detail oriented with problem solving skills, and able to organize and prioritize work assignments.
1-3 years AutoCAD experience preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Electronic Precision Assembler
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: