Flowserve Corporation Production Planner in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Flowserve Aftermarket Service & Solutions Parts Group is looking for a Production Planner to be based in our Houston, TX Parts Manufacturing Center. This position will report directly to the Manager of Planning with a matrix reporting line to the Plant Manager.
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence. Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected statuses .
This position is responsible for planning, capacity management, procurement, coordinating the order acquisition working with sales and order fulfillment activities at the Houston Parts Manufacturing Center (PMC) focused on the Gulf Coast market. Must demonstrate ownership and accountability for order acquisition and fulfillment activities within assigned teams. Production planning responsibilities at the Houston site include :
• Review part drawings, materials and customer specifications to ensure accuracy of fulfillment
• Perform Make/Buy decisions based on local capacity and capability
• Bill of Material loading with standard manufacturing routings or creation and issuing of Purchase Orders.
• Confirm all required information for manufacturing is properly handed over to manufacturing or vendor.
• Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts and assemblies through departments according to production and promised delivery dates.
• Reviews production schedules and related information to determine that each multiple milestones are met.
• Working closely as a team with Manufacturing to help set priorities and minimize capacity constraints.
• High degree of initiative and ownership of meeting customer’s expectations on delivery and quality
• Participation in PMC production meetings as the primary Point of contact for order support.
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) plus years of experience in Purchasing and Planning in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in supply chain, operations, purchasing, planning, materials management, customer service and product management.
• The individual must be well organized and a highly motivated team player.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work across organizational boundaries.
• Must be able to resolve conflict and deal diplomatically with vendors, managers and sales
• Possess the ability to project a positive attitude in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Experience working with ERP/MRP systems in manufacturing environment. Oracle a plus.
• High level of collaboration and interaction with outside sales force.
• Experience working with customers in the oil and gas, power, and chemical industries
• Knowledge of local vendor base for machining services and buyout items
• Ability to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and paperwork
• Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines
• Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
• High energy level and a strong work ethic, with the ability to instill these characteristics in others.
• Experience in supply chain, operations, purchasing, planning, materials management, customer service, engineering, product management and field services is preferred.
• Experience with castings and machined parts is preferred.
• APICS certification a plus.
• Experiences in Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning a plus
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.