Flowserve Corporation Finance Director ACS Sector in IRVING, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The position of Finance Director ACS Sector reports to the Division Controller of Flow Control Division. In a matrix structure the incumbent works primary day to day with the Vice President General Manager (VPGM) of ACS Sector and also with the management team members of the sector and related FCD function leaders. A strong spirit of leadership and team work is required to fulfill the requirements of this position.
The position is primarily repsonsible for the financial accuracy of results and related performance enhancements for the sector and related P&L units within the sector, i.e. driving accounting, controls, compliance, Financial Planning and analysis combined with Business Partner role within the sector. The ACS Sector annual revenue is $450 million with 1100 employees, global operations in 7 P&L units which design, manufacture, sell and service world class Valve and automation product solutions to Oil & Gas, Chemical, Power and General Industries. The finance team consist of 5 direct reports and total team of 25 global headcount and global shared service providing services to the local sites finance activities.
In summary this position is performing three core functions:
1) Independent Finance role representing Management and the stakeholders of Flowserve
2) Right hand/business partner with VP GM
3) Service function towards ACS Sector Management tream, global functions
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Compliance - Ensure compliance with Flowserve policies, US GAAP, SOX and local statutory laws and regulations and that business is conducted within Flowserve's ethical code of business conduct.
· Quality and Timeliness of Accounting/Reporting - Ensure that all financial data is accurate, complete and submitted in accordance with Flowserve's timetables. Where required, ensure that local statutory returns, secretarial matters and other fiduciary matters are efficiently dealt with.
· Business Management Support/Service Function - As a key member of the management team, provide financial information and analysis to local management, provide strong input to local decision making, support the review and approval processes for capital investments and customer quotations, and lead working capital reduction initiatives.
· Business Planning/Forecast - Lead the short term planning and forecasting process, the preparation of budgets, monthly forecasts, strategic plans and risk assessment plans. Ensure that there is an effective process to generate accurate monthly forecasts and weekly updates.
· Finance Function & Team Development - Responsible for attracting, identifying, developing and retaining organization / department talent in an ongoing effort to support talent management philosophy. This includes all facets of talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, and employee learning & development
· Support the plant controllers and plant managers in budgeting, forecasting, cost management and business control.
· Coordinate the development of financial reports that provide financial information to support business decisions and meet regulatory reporting requirements.
· Assist in the development of and reporting on metrics that assess performance and progress toward achieving plan objectives, programs and projects.
· Provide proactive business and financial analysis, identify important trends and perform detailed variance analysis to assist the business in achieving its objectives.
· Ensure local plant controllers maintain an adequate system of internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that assets are protected and results are properly reported. Ensure that there are no material weaknesses or significant deficiencies in controls that would require reporting under the Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
· Ensure local plant controllers maintain an appropriate cost accounting system and ensure that costs are appropriate and updated on a timely basis.
· Coordinate as needed with Corporate Tax and Treasury functions to ensure tax savings opportunities are identified and implemented and that treasury policies for credit and collections, cash management, foreign exchange, risk management and other applicable procedures are followed
Minimum of 15+ years of progressive financial accounting experience preferably in a engineered to order manufacturing and related service/aftermarket business with multiple years in Management role
Bachelor degree in accounting or finance; MBA and/or professional certification preferred like CPA/CMA.
Specific experience as a plant/controller role is important in an international business environment, multinational group
Proven experience in troubleshooting and implementing accounting controls, budgeting and forecasting processes, along with solid business skills to compliment technical accounting and finance skills.
Must be a proactive and detail oriented individual capable of monitoring the financial systems and controls, and making the necessary changes to upgrade systems and policies and procedures.
Experience with SAP/Oracle ERP and BPC reporting/consolidation system are valuable asset.
Candidate should have experience managing several direct reports and a financial organization including day to day “hands on” finance and accounting work including “virtual”/remote team members
Multi-site/region/group location managerial experience is required
US GAAP experience coupled with Internal control/SOX competence is important.
Travel is required within this work on regional/international basis
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Finance Director ACS Sector
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location:
IRVING, Texas US
United States of America
Auto req ID: