Flowserve Corporation Co-op/Intern in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Detail oriented to ensure all aspects of the seal application are being considered
· Ability to Multi-task and work well with changing priorities
· Motivated / Self-Starter
· Energetic / Passion to learn
· “Hands On” Personality
· Strong Work Ethic
· Positive Attitude
· Ability and desire to learn quickly
· Shows Ownership and Sense of Urgency for their areas of responsibility
Compressor Seal Applications Engineering Intern Position:
The Compressor Seal Applications Engineering Intern functions are to review customer requestes and generate technical proposals; review customer purchase orders and job specifications and generate Engineering and manufacturing requirements; facilitate the inspection and/or product failure analysis of returned products and to provide technical support to customers direct and/or internal channels.
· Manage routine repair business of compressor products and services in collaboration with the respective EU sales teams
· Provides project management on complex inquiries and/or high-value engineering jobs
· Interact effectively with customer without supervision
· Proactively seeks out maximizing financial drivers such as tracking costs, expenses, receivable, and inventory to improve financial performance of the Corporation
· Engage with all level of management and EUSE to participate in pricing strategies
· Ensure proposals utilize our best technical offering, most cost effective operation, and capacity utilization
Ensure proposal support is done in a timely and professional manner and consistent across Flowserve Globally
· Working towards a Bachelor of Science Engineering degree or equivalent.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Mechanical aptitude
· Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities in a self-directed environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to new programs/software
· Strong work ethic with positive attitude
Primary Posting Location:
Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: