Flowserve Corporation Project Manager in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The AMSS Seal Engineering projects team is responsible for completing engineering projects related to customer requested test programs, existing product line maintenance and extension projects, lower level M&T product development projects and to complete engineering process improvement projects. To support these projects, engineering is looking for an individual to manage these projects by creating yearly project capacity plans, managing and balancing the workload of the project engineers, prioritizing new project requests and managing the yearly project budget. The position would also be directly responsible for the project process and look to continuously simplify the process and reduce the time it takes to complete engineering projects.
• Provide strategic and tactical direction to the engineering management teams with regards to project management, planning and budgeting of engineering projects.
• Work to define the project scope, schedule, resources, budget, deliverables, risks/issues, and what documents are required for each project.
• Work with the different engineering teams to plan, direct and ensure the successful outcome of the projects within the engineering department.
• Ensure that the assigned projects are proceeding according to the timelines, meeting targets and expectations and adhering to objective timelines.
• Manage the workloads assigned to the project engineers.
• Collaborate with the functional managers in the supervision of project personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem solving resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personal actions.
• Work with the Engineering Collaboration Initiative (ECI) teams to promote consistency and best practices for the projects within these teams.
• Own the project process and continuously work to improve the project process to simplify and reduce the cycle time of the project process
• Promote a CIP culture within the project engineering community by supporting the identification and completion of improvement projects within the engineering teams
• Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management preferred
• Basic understanding of estimating, scheduling and budgeting
• Greenbelt, Blackbelt or Lean training experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, and Excel
• Ability to communicate and cooperate effectively with others on the team
• Able to prioritize tasks and work independently to achieve the desired results
• Strong project management skills and experience required, prior project management experience with a multiple project environment in a product development setting
• PMP Certification a plus
• AGILE experience a plus
• Experience and Knowledge of MS Project and Planview preferred.
• Travel potential would be 20%
Primary Posting Location:
Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: