Flowserve Corporation On-site Application Engineering Supervisor in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The On-site Application Engineering Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to supervise On-site Application Engineers (AEs), provide strong technical leadership to end-user LCA teams through established “best practices” and provide aid to strategic objectives which drive growth opportunities for the End-User sales organization.
The incumbent will report directly to the LCA Engineering Manager and be part of the local team of Application Engineers.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Work with management and local sales personnel to ensure Flowserve meets its commitments to its LCA agreements and clients.
• Act as a mentor to Application Engineers with regards to implementing world class practices, procedures and programs.
• Accountable for training, development and career progression of the on-site AEs.
• Partner with local management for the recruitment, evaluation, and retention of on-site AEs.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of programs and strategies to support existing and new LCA clients.
• Acts as a tactical resource and process leader for key Flowserve LCA programs.
• Interface with the Regional Reliability Engineer, LCA Engineering Manager and Sales Manager to identify underperforming LCA locations and jointly develop action plans to improve performance.
• Aids in the development of new LCA initiatives and helps to identify short and long-term growth opportunities for FLS.
• Evaluate and implement appropriate new processes to increase efficiency, execution, and improve customer satisfaction by tracking performance of accounts via KPIs.
• Coordinate and interface with other Flowserve resources in a positive and constructive manner and work on joint projects as necessary for the net benefit of Flowserve and the customers.
• Support implementation of new programs and aid in the transition from contract negotiation to executional performance.
• BS Engineering degree with a background in End-User Application Engineering and/or Sales experience with a proven track record of success
• 2-4 years of related engineering and customer facing experience
• History of demonstrated pro-active behavior and ability to create and further develop this culture
• Proven experience to work and develop standard operating procedures and protocol for LCA sites
• Extensive experience and judgment to plan, organize and accomplish goals.
• Demonstrated knowledge of customer’s manufacturing process including rotating equipment and seal requirements.
• Demonstrated knowledge of FSG engineering concepts, practices and procedures and thorough product knowledge.
• Strong PC knowledge, including Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Flowstar.net experience is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills to conduct training sessions and communicate with the customer
• Strong self-motivated, willingness to learn, assertive, positive attitude and work ethic
• Experience in coaching and directing others is required
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
On-site Application Engineering Supervisor
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Pasadena, Texas US
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: