Flowserve Corporation CNC Machinist - Weekend Shift in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Able to work a weekend shift position, 6:00am to 6:30pm, with additional days of overtime as required
· Over 5 years of experience operating and programming a Mazak CNC mill.
· Experience with Mazak control language and a solid understanding of Espirit or similar programming software
· Expertise in machining 300-series stainless steel and other materials such as Hastelloy C276, Monel 400, iron nickel and high chrome alloys.
· Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, including micrometers, dial indicators, depth gauges, CMM machines, optical comparators, and bar gauges.
· Experience with G & M codes; working knowledge of machine tooling and processing
· Experience reading blueprints
· Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
Soft Skills Needed:
· Personal commitment to quality workmanship, with an ability to assess and explain quality concerns.
· Be able to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures in order.
· Must have an eye for detail, so as to check drawings, part numbers, and materials, and to correctly complete routers and other paperwork.
· Work collaboratively as part of a team, showing a professional attitude and a service-oriented mindset in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance, able to work overtime and weekends as required.
Flowserve is looking for an experienced, skilled CNC machinist to program and operate a Mazak QT-300 lathe, and to machine stainless steel parts and components used in the assembly of close tolerance mechanical seals. We have a strong focus on quality workmanship. The machinist will verify the quality of finished work with precision measurement tools and will meet quality and productivity metrics. We work as a team, and the machinist will collaborate with engineers, CNC programmers, and other machinists to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions.
· Set up jobs and operate a Mazak lathe
· Identify tooling and fixture requirements in advance of job set up.
· Verify the quality of finished work using precision measurement tools, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship.
· Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap/rework.
· Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace.
· Actively participate in the maintenance and troubleshooting of the CNC equipment.
· Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems.
· Know all cell flow concepts and put them into practice. Apply an understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the manufacturing process.
· Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment. Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress.
This is a full time position, weekend shift 3x12. (8 hours straight time + 4 hours at time-and-a-half).
· Experience operating manual mills and lathes desired
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
CNC Machinist - Weekend Shift
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: