Flowserve Corporation Field Service Technician in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Mechanical Field Service Technician troubleshoots and repairs Flowserve’s pumps and equipment for our customers in industries such as oil and gas, chemical, nuclear, coal, and waste water industries. This challenging position requires an experienced mechanic who can provide confident expertise in the face of operational problems. The Field Service Tech will repair and install equipment, oversee start-up, conduct maintenance, and monitor the performance of our products at our customers’ locations throughout eleven states in the western U.S. The position can be based in Rancho Dominguez, CA, or Vancouver, WA.
· Make direct, in-person service calls in response to customer requests.
· Develop field service project quotes for presentation to the customer
· Assess mechanical problems and take actions to resolve promptly
· Oversee the full cycle of repair: disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, and assembly
· Ensure that equipment is installed successfully and on schedule.
· Check equipment prior to start-up and assess start-up performance
· Work side-by-side with our customer’s personnel, and lead work crews as required
· Monitor the maintenance and performance of Flowserve equipment
· Train customers in the proper procedures for operating and maintaining Flowserve products
· Collaborate with Flowserve Sales Engineers to ensure a coordinated approach to serving our customers
· Collaborate effectively with the supporting organizations of Flowserve, including the repair centers, customer service, and sales engineering
· Maintain organized, accurate, timely records, including daily reports, jobs quoted, jobs performed, and time and materials charged
· Communicate by word and actions Flowserve’s values for ethics, safety, and quality
· Five or more years of experience in mechanical field service, specifically repairing pumps
· Skilled in the repair of Flowserve’s large, high-end, single-stage and multi-stage pumps; laser alignment, rigging, and pump seals.
· Experienced in removing and installing pump bases (epoxy grout, including pressure grout)
· Knowledgeable about the industrial applications and operations of pumps
· Must be a self-starter with good follow-through, capable of working independently with little supervision
· Experienced in successfully leading work crews
· Able to explain mechanical problems, and articulate the thinking behind recommendations.
· Must be good at solving problems with other people
· Able to remain calm and even-tempered in the face of challenges, demands, and deadlines
· Excellent ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and schematics
· Capable in Outlook, Word and Excel
· Skilled at writing clear, concise emails with a professional tone
· Must be able to travel 90% of the time with frequent overnight stays required
· Will drive a Company truck - must have an active driver’s license with a good driving record, able to meet DOT requirements
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Field Service Technician
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: