Flowserve Corporation On-Site Applications Engineer (Arroyo Grande, CA) in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
* This position is located in Arroyo Grande, CA * Must be local to Arroyo Grande, CA or willing to relocate.
Flowserve is looking for a hands-on mechanical engineer who will work at our customer’s refinery in Arroyo Grande, CA 93420. The engineer provides immediate technical expertise regarding design, application, installation and operation of our mechanical pumps, seals and supporting equipment. In this challenging position, the engineer is actively engaged in real-time troubleshooting of problems and implementing solutions. The engineer is the extension of the local Flowserve team, ensuring that our engineering and manufacturing resources, products, and services are available to our customers.
• Monitor and evaluate the status of the customer's rotating equipment
• Troubleshoot technical problems and provide immediate recommendations for our customers
• Leverage and coordinate the timely insertion of Company resources for more complex solutions • Know the customer’s needs. Act as liaison between customers, and Flowserve’s sales, customer service, and manufacturing organizations so that together we provide the highest level of customer service
• Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical analyses resulting in independent evaluation, such as detailed failure analysis reports, product performance reports, recommendations for upgrades, repair/buy decisions, etc.
• Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content and style to the audience
• Act as an extension of Flowserve Sales Engineers by assisting customers to select the most appropriate pumps, seals, and systems for their specific industrial applications
• Provide technical guidance about successful, standardized installation and operation of our products. Conduct technical training for our customers
• Responsible for maintaining a parts inventory on site, updating inventory records, and keeping inventory right-sized
• Maintain equipment data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, and organized files
* Must be local to Arroyo Grande, CA or willing to relocate. *
• BS Mechanical Engineering required
• Over 3 years of experience, preferably in-plant in the oil industry, providing technical support and maintenance to rotary equipment is required.
• Solid knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of rotating equipment (pumps, seals, and valves), with a solid understanding of fluid dynamics, and a demonstrated mechanical aptitude is required.
• Strong customer focus and the ability to project a positive corporate image
• A win-win team player, able to work with constructively with customers and co-workers • Able to work independently, demonstrating initiative and good judgment
• Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Skilled in CAD, and able to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs • Local travel required using personal vehicle, with some overnight travel required
• Must wear personal protective equipment as required at customer sites
• Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer sites, ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities). Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
On-Site Applications Engineer (Arroyo Grande, CA)
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: