Flowserve Corporation Sales Support Assistant in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
In this role, the candidate will focus on all parts activities for a given customer base such as quoting, opportunity management, parts solutions and application of quoting tools and processes to drive market consistency and quick response. The individual will review incoming specifications, research and identify components, and offer suggested scope of supply. The individual will manage their work queue of daily tactical requirements, to drive best in class response, while addressing the market sensitive needs of price and delivery for each proposal to support the FLS opportunity. The individual will provide customer service, cradle to grave for all parts transactions, along with partnering with our sales team for solid customer relationships and strategic plans. The individual will need to be customer aligned and driven for results in a fast paced environment, while ensuring effective communication and collaboration across varying functional/business platforms and relevant stakeholders, such as Operations, Sales, vendors, and our customer facing organization to enable success.
Position includes, but not limited to:
· Generate of high quality, on time, value priced Parts Proposal to facilitate order fullfillment
· Lead all coordination efforts on applicable aftermarket quotes while ensuring close collaboration and communication with all applicable stakeholders
· Review customer specifications and documents in order to apply current FLS technical and commercial requirements
· Drive daily tactical customer proposals in addition to support strategic offerings such as AM Units, LTA, BPA, SPIR initiatives as well as identified sales win back opportunities
· Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of parts , programs, and processes to best drive solutions to our valued end user customers.
· Partner with Site Hubs to drive quotation performance within region, and across the aligned product sites, while fully leveraging quoting tools for prioritization, quicker cycle times, shortened parts delivery times, and minimization of rework.
· Manage and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining designated workload management tool, while monitoring hit-rate is optimized.
· Able to work in matrix/direct reporting structure with Sub Regional Leaders
· Metrics (volume-responsiveness-effectiveness) driven
· Strong experience in Excel is required (including pivot tables).
· Must be familiar with metrics/performance driven work environment
· College Degree, or equivalent relevant industry experience preferred
· Co-op or Intern experience as an Quoting Resource with an industrial equipment manufacturer is a plus
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent understanding of life cycle cost principles and the ability to create value added proposals that differentiate Flowserve product offerings
· Good organization skills and attention to details, time management, and deadlines
· Strong problem solving skills, able to work independently and be a Team Player with a international mindset and approach
· Customer focused with a results driven mindset
· Ability to multi task efficiently and set priorities in a fast paced environment
· Attention to detail and process oriented mindset with mechanical aptitude.
· Proficiency in Microsoft package (Excel, Power Point)
· Able to drive best in class customer service, from cradle to grave
· Customer focused and driven for results in a fast paced environment
· Independent working abilities under given guidelines
· Interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, written and verbal, across different channels and audiences
· Strong Commercial drive and attention to details and quotations accuracy, with a results driven mindset
· Able to multi task and balancing priorities
· Able to effectively prioritize work instructions within a matrix organization to drive customer service levels
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Sales Support Assistant
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: