Flowserve Corporation Global Quality Director, Control Valves & Aftermarket in Springville, Utah
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Qualifications (List all qualifications necessary and/or advantageous)
Degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical discipline
Minimum ten years in global, multisite industrial manufacturing of flow control and/or processing equipment or related with proven quality leadership performance
Knowledge of engineered industrial products preferred.
Excellent project management skills and experience.
Knowledge of International Regulatory Compliance associated with industrial control valves and instrumentation is preferred
Attributes and Skills Required:
Customer focused Quality professional Organizational and planning skills.
Ability to operate in a professional manner, balancing the product quality and customer needs along with budget pressures, various and sometimes divergent agendas in a culturally diverse environment in 30 separate facilities around the globe producing or servicing the Control Valve and instrumentation products.
This position is a key leader in the global business and must have the ability to develop important relationships in the business with a proven record of performance and trusted professional credibility.
Experienced and passionate team leader with proven problem solving experience and process focus.
High comfort level and proficiency with Total Quality Management, ISO, DMAIC, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma tools and processes.
Proven leadership skills and business knowledge – performance driven.
Excellent training and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
Proven ability to develop and implement training material.
Broad strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of world class change management.
Good working knowledge of the principles and philosophies of Total Quality Management and high performance. work systems.
Strong project management skills.
Demonstrated experience in implemented quality practices that have led to improved performance.
Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem solving skills.
Ability to work with and support other Quality and General Managers globally to ensure product consistency.
Knowledge of manufacturing processes associated with industrial valves and instrumentation.
Ability to participate in and direct successful regulatory and key alliance customer site audits and inspections.
Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders.
Strong interpersonal ability to work with various Regulatory Authorities and alliance customers.
Able to combine assertive initiative with professional discipline and demeanor to accomplish difficult tasks through other people.
Demonstrates a keen desire to continually learn and grow – motivated by successes.
Good working knowledge of Power Point, Excel, Word, Sharepoint Excellent project management skills and experience.
Approximately 30% travel required (Both National and International) Global / Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity
Proven ability to work in a matrix organization.
Knowledge of: Global regulatory requirements associated with both the control valve and instrumentation.
Oxygen cleaning process and clean room maintenance.
Welding Processes Safety Integrity Level (SIL).
International regulatory requirements for Industrial control valves and instrumentation.
This position is responsible for planning and directing the quality Management Systems and product compliance for Valtek Control Valves and instrumentation globally. Responsibility for deployment and training of quality-related initiatives and standard corporate processes/practices (e.g. RisQ initiatives, DMAIC Light, Global Quality council leadership).
More specifically, this position is responsible for leading the development and execution of process control and quality management systems, as well as providing leadership to project teams to improve quality, cycle time, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
Job Duties: This section describes the principle responsibilities of the position
· Member of customer alliance teams for Valtek product
· Member of “Best Practices” team for quality, delivery and process improvements
· Provide assistance with quality assurance issues with other Valtek manufacturing locations outside of VCI
· Provide quality trending for Valtek product
· Review, approve and verify implementation of corrective action for customer complaints
· Review and approve all Quality Assurance Procedures and Policies for Valtek products
· Coordinate QA policy and practices for FCO products with other Oil & Gas sector locations
· Actively involved with engineering, R&D, and marketing for new product development
· Resolve quality issues for Valtek product within Oil & Gas sector
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the organization’s quality systems, policies, standards, procedures and strategic plans to ensure customer and regulatory requirements are met
· Develop and maintain QA standards relating to processes and products, ensuring QA teams and employees use quality tools to improve the organization’s’ accuracy, efficiency, and profitability
· Facilitate cross-facility and cross-functional project teams to produce improved quality, improved cycle time, reduced costs, and customer satisfaction throughout the organization as well as assist in identification and removal of barriers preventing successful project completion
· Leverage best practices globally and drive adoption and implementation of these practices
· Implement technology tools and leverage core business systems
· Act as a catalyst to support change initiatives in concert with the senior management team while ensuring continued compliance to industry and regulatory requirements.
· Participate in strategic and business planning and in setting business goals and objectives
· Drive a safety and product compliance culture through the Global Control Valve sector
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Global Quality Director, Control Valves & Aftermarket
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Springville, Utah US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: