Flowserve Corporation Instrument Technician in Springville, Utah
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position is responsible to ensure Flowserve products are inspected, manufactured, assembled, and tested according to Flowserve procedures and certifying agency requirements. This position will require the retention of certification records.
Job Duties: This section describes the principle responsibilities of the position
· Inspect to ensure that all components comply with the quality standards
· Perform audits and inspections of suppliers, manufacturing processes, final product
· Create NCR’s and CAR’s to communicate non-conforming product issue to the responsible people.
· Verify customer requirements are met on products through manufacturing, assembly and test
· Understand the assembly and functioning of products for checking of completeness and quality at final inspection.
· Help write, review and implement quality procedures
Insure training is taking place on Flowserve SPP’s.
· Know associated national, international and industrial standards
· Identify and implement testing procedures for certified equipment
· Update certification records as products and standards are changed
· Operate PMI and Spectrometer Analyzer for metal analysis and verification
· Implement programs for collection of data to be analyzed for continuous ongoing quality improvement.
· Help resolve field problems associated with certified products.
· Meet with vendors to establish Flowserve Quality requirements.
Each individual should become familiar with the safety regulations, and take personal responsibility for following them to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of their coworkers.
It is the responsibility of each employee, within their job responsibilities, to provide quality products, documentation, services, supervision and training, in accordance with Flowserve’s Quality Assurance Manuals, procedures, drawings, regulatory requirements, etc., aimed at achieving sustained organizational success and customer satisfaction.
· Lift 50 lbs, stamp castings
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience in quality control or quality assurance inspection.
· Experience in the electronic manufacturing industry.
· Ability to inspect electronic PCBA’s including soldering, potting and conformal coat requirements.
· Ability to operate a Multimeter.
· Experience/knowledge of Hazardous Location requirements for Explosion Proof, Intrinsically Safe and Non-Incentive designs.
· Understand NDE (radiography, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic examination)
· ASTM standards as applicable to material requirements and QA codes
· Testing procedures performed on products
· CMM and portable measuring systems such as Faro and Romer Arms.
· Familiarity with Flowserve positioner products
· Experience with diagnostic testing.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with engineering, quality assurance and suppliers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to use measuring and inspection equipment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and basic computer skills
· Good oral and written communication
· Good organizational skills
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Springville, Utah US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: