Flowserve Corporation Aftermarket Pumps Engineering Manager in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The engineering manager leads the team through resource management and people development to provide engineering and technical support to aftermarket personnel, sales, and customers to develop the best possible technical solutions for aftermarket jobs. Performs technical interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability regarding Flowserve’s centrifugal pumps and equipment used in the oil, gas, chemical, and general industries.
· Leads the team of engineers with the aim to achieve a high level of employee morale, technical excellence, and customer satisfaction.
· Works alongside and lead the engineers on task:
o Develop detailed production drawings, bills of materials, and manufacturing instructions for custom components and “engineered-to-order” products given prescribed performance requirements.
o Support production by providing tactical advice and guidance on specification deviations and waivers,
o Apply technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge to conduct design analyses and FEAs, solve problems, and define key issues.
o Ensure that data is maintained in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, and organized files
o Work with other AMSS Engineers to investigate production problems relating to design or quality. Report findings and implement permanent, improvements and solutions
o Provide technical expertise and support for proposals.
· Ensures that the team maintains a high level of engineering knowledge of the current trends, best practices, and process tools needed to maintain high performance and continuously improve processes and outcomes.
· Manages effectively to have the right people and resources for success.
· Coaches employees to develop knowledge and skills.
· Evaluates employees’ performance and takes actions as appropriate. Complete mid and yearly performance reviews.
· Rewards and recognizes employees’ successes, and celebrate team achievements.
· Leads the design review process for a given project.
· BS Mechanical Engineering required, MSME highly desired.
· 10+ years relevant experience. Experience in the chemical, power, and refinery industries is highly valued.
· Previous supervisory and/or team leadership experience required; must have a demonstrated track record of mentoring others regarding engineering analyses and best practices.
· Must have excellent understanding of pumps, pump applications, pump systems and hydraulics.
· Skilled and knowledgeable regarding engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
· Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
· Must have excellent computer skills: PLM, CAD, Microsoft Office.
· Demonstrated aptitude for solving complex engineering problems, leading to technically-sound conclusions, with the ability to explain the process and the results to others.
· Have a collaborative leadership style that removes obstacles and promotes teamwork.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, projecting a strong customer focus and a positive corporate image, with an ability to translate technical discussions to all levels of an organization
· Must exhibit good organizational skills, with the ability to calmly prioritize demands to meet specific high-visibility deadlines and requirements.
· Must have a demonstrated track record of resourcefulness in completing projects requiring additional information and collaboration with others.
· Strong customer focus by being responsive to requests for information, taking ownership of problems, and driving to full customer satisfaction.
· Experience in creating and presenting technical briefings with a professional, competent approach.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Aftermarket Pumps Engineering Manager
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: