Flowserve Corporation Inventory Specialist in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The primary function of this position is responsibility for inventory control for the Vernon FPD, which entails full responsibility of managing the cycle count program for the facility which is tracked and approved on a daily basis. This includes but doesn’t limit to generating counts, work distribution and all efforts from generating tags to obtaining approval signatures for posting. In addition, the Inventory Specialist will be responsible for developing reports, databases and business processes required to manage inventory levels within the Vernon business unit.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above the Inventory Specialist is responsible for the following, but not limited to:
· Work with engineering and manufacturing engineering on the successful incorporation of ECO's;
· Create and maintain reports, summaries, and analyses to establish how well the inventory plan is being met.
· Investigate and recommend solutions to problems driving excess stock.
· Analyze error/problem trends and make recommendations to the Materials Supervisor;
· Work closely with planners regarding problem resolution
· Provide fundamental navigation training for all new users of system
· Identify changes needed to system and create training plan for the end users
· Experience with data extraction and analysis as well as an in-depth knowledge of materials requirements planning (MRP) and transaction analysis desired.
· Will determine and manage inventory levels, calculating turnover rates, or materials distribution flow.
· Accountable for the enforcement of inventory management policy, procedures, and operating guidelines.
· Set-up and maintain warehouse locations receipt transactions into Baan system, perform inventory maintenance and execute periodic cycle counts.
· Maintain perpetual inventory integrity with a 98 % level of record accuracy and support warehouse department.
· Process inventory transfers and receipts in the Baan system and resolve inventory discrepancies as directed by supervisor.
· Control, disposition, and periodic updates to management for status of Obsolete and Slow Moving Inventory (OSMI).
· ABC Stocking and Cycle Count Analysis.
· Back-up for other Production Control personnel.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Supply Chain or related or equivalent work experience required. An advanced degree in business or operations management and experience in replenishment, purchasing or inventory management is a plus.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Inventory Management, and MRP/ERP systems is required.
· Three years inventory management experience required.
· Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) through the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS).
· Must have five to seven years of experience with MRP/ERP such as Oracle, SAP, etc. (Baan is preferred), and Excel in regards to inventory management, planning, scheduling, and/ or expediting in a manufacturing environment.
· Thorough knowledge of the system as it pertains to MRP/ERP, MPS, kitting, and Kanban
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to work with all levels of management and knowledge of overall product flow through the site
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
· Strong PC skills with the ability to learn and develop ideas for new tools and software as needed to improve inventory performance and meet goals
· Must possess the demonstrated ability to perform moderately complex quantitative analysis with the ability to gather, document, analyze and draw conclusions on data and information. .
· Demonstrated ability to research and analyze complex data, draw conclusions and develop solutions and present recommendations to management
· Must have demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize and coordinate multiple objectives/assignments simultaneously with minimal direction, under continual change, and under tight time constraints
· Candidate must be self motivated, a quick learner and be able to work independently with minimum supervision and in a cross functional team environment
· MRP Materials Requirement Planning experience preferred
· Experience using Baan is preferred (inventory management, planning, scheduling)
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office: Excel (manipulate data in Excel and/or Access), for creating ad hoc reports/graphs ulas Power Point (create/update presentations) Word - for creating ad hoc reports/graphs ulas Access - in regards to inventory management, planning, scheduling, and/ or expediting
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: